Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Infantile Spasms

So I've been slacking off at work this afternoon cause well I can do that, and in this slacking I found an interesting site now I could go into detail about this site and how it talks about Infantile Spasms and its in detail account of a families struggle to deal with it....but I wont because this is a link I want you to click on, this is a link I need you to see if nothing else then for the awareness of Infantile spasms.

Did you click it?

Why not? click it already.

Fine a little back ground on the site.. You see its dedicated to a girl named Marissa, she was born November 8th 2008, she has what is commonly refered Infantile Spams also known as West syndrome (named after the Doctor who "discovered" it in the 1840's) now I must confess I knew next to nothing about West syndrome other then it sounded crazy, but after some investagative looking into I couldnt imagion.

Here's a typical story from a family: "At first I thought Chris was just having the little body jerks when he was moved or startled, like my other children had when they were infants. But then I knew something was wrong. The jerks became more violent, and his tiny body was thrust forward and his arms flew apart. They only lasted a few seconds but started to occur in groups lasting a few minutes. It was so hard to see such a young baby having these things."

Anyway look into the link above I think if nothing else it will increase youre awareness for things like this. Oh did I mention a give away for donation? click the link look around you'll see it, somet of the prizes include an Autographed Kotobukiya Steel Spartan 12” Figure, A Guest Appearance in Chronicles of ODS Steve,or Plants vs. Zombies and many more. Anyway get your ass to Mars and donate today. you'll win either way.

No comments: